The Health Benefits of Ginger
Like most vegetables, ginger root has amazing healing properties, all in which enhance your day-to-day activities through the boost of immunity it gives you! Ginger contains a heaping amount of antioxidants, which are compounds that prevent stress and damage to your body's DNA. It is also a common remedy for upset stomach, diarrhea, and nausea being that it aids digestion and the flow of saliva.
Ginger has an endless chain of health benefits, so let's delve into it, shall we?
- It greatly reduces gas and inflammation (which improves the process of digestion) and is super useful for those who suffer with acid reflux
- It keeps oral bacteria from growing and can brighten your smile
- It eases nausea (especially for pregnant women) and it does this by breaking up built-up gas in your intestines
- It soothes sore muscles over time, which a great benefit for athletes who train daily
- It eases arthritis symptoms due to its anti-inflammatory properties, which reduces swelling
- Studies show that it lowers your blood sugar and helps your body use insulin better
- It lowers cholesterol if you take the recommended dosage of 5 grams of ginger a day
Its spicy aftertaste may be a little overwhelming at first, but the heart-healthy packed benefits it delivers makes it that much worth it. Add a small dose of ginger to your list of daily vitamins to reap the benefits of this amazing vegetable!